Paul Steele LLB
After a decade as a practising lawyer with Buddle Findlay, Paul’s career moved onto Sales and Marketing roles within the Legal Publishing industry. Over time he worked with both of the main providers in NZ (now Lexis Nexis and Thomson Reuters).
Paul branched out in 2007, setting up his own consultancy, and a new business (Law 2 Web) which focuses on creating and developing law practice websites.
In 2012 Paul embarked on a new journey to create a system for law practices to better manage their precedents and IP. Order of Precedents was launched in 2013.
Under Law 2 Web Paul now also operates his consultancy work, assisting law practices with operational and marketing matters.
Paul has been very involved in the deployment of the Conveyancing workflow system (conveyIT) and works as a Sales Channel Partner for this business.
Paul travels widely in New Zealand and is well known and regarded in the legal community. He has a network of like-minded people focused on improving the performance, profitability and outlook for law practices.
areas of expertise
Knowledge comes in many guises. From the knowledge and experience that your valued staff members bring and develop at the practice, to library assets, subscriptions to services and your own repository of knowledge.
All of this knowledge needs to be leveraged for the practice to get the most productivity. Reviewing this knowledge and it’s use can be critical in ensuring you are getting best bang for buck.
marketing for law firms
Marketing can be a daunting concept for many practices. Those that embrace it can drive great outcomes.
When did you last review your marketing? Are you consistent with your brand? Are your communications reinforcing this at every opportunity?
Call: 021 922 197
examples of work.
Paul’s work encomasses knowledge management and marketing
- Law library audits including facilitating negotiations with the publishers over subscription arrangements and customized training
- Sales and marketing mentoring and training for lawyers
- Establishing and supporting the precedent management software Order of Precedents at law practices throughout NZ and in Australia
- Facilitating document automation and workflow systems
- Establishing and supporting the maintenance of Intranets
- Creating a Legal News service for law practice clients
- Creating an online forms capability and facilitating professional photography and videography for customers running their websites through Law 2 Web.