In New Zealand’s rapidly changing legal marketplace, Emily Morrow gives lawyers and law firms a competitive edge.
Having been a lawyer and managing partner of a large law firm, she gets results so her clients do things right the first time.
As a people and culture consultant, Emily focuses on the capabilities her clients need to be successful; business development, strategic planning, self-presentation/ communication skills, practice management and succession planning.
Emily’s clients include top tier, mid-sized and smaller law firms, in-house counsel’s offices and barristers’ chambers across New Zealand.
She designs and facilitates retreats, coaches (one-on-one and teams), provides skills and behavioural training and conducts bespoke research projects.
Emily is a frequent contributor to LawTalk and LawNews and has been the keynote speaker at numerous professional conferences for NZLS, CLANZ, ADLS, ALPMA, AWLA, CWLA, Law Plus, Lawlink, Legalwise, AALA and others.
She is on the faculty of the NZLS Stepping Up Programme and covers the “The People Dimension” component of that training.
areas of expertise
One-on-one coaching is the most powerful way to develop leadership and management excellence. With a proven track record of success, Emily helps professionals get where they need to go.
Emily identifies clients’ critical issues, unique challenges, and desired outcomes. She manages group process expertly and diplomatically, balancing the need for full participation with the need for timely progress and best practices.
Emily provides tailored in-house training focusing on business development, communication, delegation, self presentation, leadership, team building/management and strategic planning.
Whether a client seeks to optimise diversity, develop a bespoke in-house mentoring programme or address chronic challenges in new ways, Emily will research and prepare a comprehensive report with practical recommendations.
Call: 021 1766559
examples of work.
Emily’s work encompasses the individuals, the organisation and the organisational culture of law practices.
- Design and facilitation of law firm retreats focussing on strategic plan development, reviewing compensation arrangements, business development and other topics.
- Individual or group coaching for high potential lawyers who are being considered for advancement.
- Designing partnership peer review processes.
- Advising on the management and governance needs of law firms and hiring of professional law firm management.
- Training in the areas of leadership, team management, business development, delegation, communication and networking, public speaking, professional writing and other topics.
- Analysing organisational culture to enhance law office functioning.
- Bespoke projects on topics such as gender diversity, optimal profit sharing arrangements and developing succession plans.
- Interviewing job candidates and developing job descriptions.
- Training support staff on topics such as resilience, teamwork, influencing and being an effective delegatee.
- Analysing organisational structures within law offices.
- Drafting law office strategic plans.
- Advising on law firm mergers, acquisitions and consolidations including financial, personnel, business development and organisational culture considerations.